Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The things children say

OK, so I guess Sallie is now at that age where kids say anything that comes to mind without thinking twice about what she says. Last week we were in Publix grocery shopping minding our own business in our car grocery cart. This lady ahead of us was minding her business shopping and Sallie says in a loud voice "hey Mommy, theres a witch". This caught me so off guard that I did not know what to say. I wanted to laugh, cry, shrink inside my buggy all at once. The lady turned around and looked and kept on strolling. What do you say to that? This lady had black long black hair with streaks of silver running through it. I guess this is what Sallie has envisioned a witch to look like. Then we were at Publix again today and Sallie said "hey Mommy, look there is a pirate." It was a lady with a patch over her right eye. The lady looked at her and smiled thank the Lord. I did not know what to do other than laugh to myself. Sallie kept saying Mommy, why is that pirate here and I was just trying to get the heck out of there. It was so crowded and many people heard her. I am really not sure how to handle those questions other than just telling her to say things like that quietly. Anyway, I know that they all sound funny and if it was another persons child I would think it was hilarious however it is really embarrassing in a crowded grocery store. I thought I had a couple more years for these kind of observations. Obviously I was wrong and maybe we just need to stop going to publix.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, i laughed out loud!!!! thanks for that!

Micah said...

I just laughed too!!! And yeah, just stop going to places with weird people!! :)

amjackson said...

OH MY....that is funny. P actually asked my why a man had an earring in line at Bi-Lo not too long ago. He said "Only girls posta have earrings!" The guy totally looked at us ugly! KidS!!!