Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cupcakes

I had to write this post so that I would not forget this sweet side of Sallietoward Anna in the midst of all the arguing that goes on between Sallie and Anna on a daily basis. Sallie is the sweetest big sister ever but she and Anna also have their daily battles over everything in the house that they believe belongs to them. I hear "mine" so many times in a day that it is crazy and many nights Anna has woken up screaming mine really loud in the middle of the night. This is either a nightmare or she really feels like someone is taking something from her. Poor thing gets everything taken from her all the time so she has nightmares about it. Anyway, back to the sweet big sister thing. Sallie truly does have good intentions and loves her sister.....I told Sallie that she and I were going to have a play date this afternoon and that were were going to have dinner together at a restaurant and leave Anna with Daddy and then I was going to take her to the cupcake store and she could pick out any cupcake that she wanted. She made sure that I was being serious and then made sure that we had someone to keep Anna and that Daddy was going to be home. I told her yes that Anna was not going to go this time and that it was just going to be just the two of us. After many more questions about the day, she asked me if we could make a cupcake at home before we left for Anna to have so that Anna would get a cupcake just like hers. Wow, I had not even thought about that. Now there may have been a ulterior motive however I like to believe that Sallie has a heart of gold and loves her little sister :)

No comments: