Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Day '09

When I asked Sallie what she wanted me to write in her Daddy's Day card for Ward this is what she said. I love my Daddy because:

1) he plays with me
2) he takes me on boat rides
3) he swings me
4) he lets me help him with things outside in his office
5) he makes me breakfast
and then we added together......he loves me and he is the best Daddy ever!!!
What a special day for Ward...First Daddy's Day with 2.. Ward you are the best Daddy ever and we love you so much for your enthusiastic, adventurous, positive, energetic, compassionate, God loving self.....You amaze me daily and have adjusted to Daddyhood as if it were your job. Thanks for all your support and love. Here are a few pics from our day. We did not do anything spectacular but it was a wonderful day. We went to church and to lunch and then home for naps and some rest time. Ward is now out doing his favorite thing....washing and waxing the boat. I think he almost likes doing this more than riding on the boat. Anyway, we will have a nice Daddy's day dinner tonight with fillet Mignon, twice baked potatoes and homemade lemon meringue pie.

Now to my Dad.....not sure that you really stay up to date with my blog but if you do heres to you. I love you for being such a wonderful Dad to me and a great Pops to my girls. I love you because you....
1) love me unconditionally (even when I was a teenager)
2) you played red ball with me
3) you tried to get me to love golf
4) you always help me out with advice in tough situations
5) you taught me to drive and bought me my first car
6) you raised me in a way to appreciate things and not to take things for granted
and the list goes on and on. Thanks for everything that you have done for me and to continue to do for me. I love you.

No comments: