Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 2009


Anna is now 10 months going on 11 months. Can not believe how time has truly passed so quickly right before my eyes. I think that this first year has gone even quicker with Anna then it did with Sallie. Maybe that is just because we have been so busy. Anyway, Anna is crawling all over the house now on a mission. She can pretty much get into anything now. she loves to get in the bathroom and pull up on the potty and the bathtub. She loves bathtime and crawls around in the tub like a fish. She will put anything in her mouth and loves Jack's dogfood. This, I have caught her with many times. Must not taste too bad because she keeps going back for more. She really will eat anything. I can put cold peas and carrots on her tray and she will gobble them right up. I love it!!! Sallie on the other hand will fight me tooth and nail to eat anything unless it is junk food. We have had to do away with snacks for her for a while because she just will not eat at meal time. Anna now can say Daddy, Mama, hey jack and Sallie (this may be strecthing it). It is "Sallie" to me. She looks at Sallie and says something. Sallie is becomming a true helper with Anna and is such a good big sister. The summer program at Sallie's school this summer has been lots of fun. They do water day and ice cream truck day every Friday. This has been the highlight of Sallie's week. They also go to Chapel on Wednesdays with the big kids. She will be in the 3's starting August 10 (her birthday) and will go everyday from 9-12. I am getting sad about this as I am not really ready for everyday school. I guess we will adjust and when I need a little time with my Sallie, we will just have to take a day off. Anna will go only three days a week so that will be nice to have two days just with Anna by myself. Sallie is working on saying that she is 3 years old as we are almost there. She does a pretty good job holding up three fingers (thanks to Pops). Sallie is loving her ballet class that she is taking this summer and seems to be learning a lot. She is a precious ballerina!! We had a fun play date at our house last week. Lots of our cute baby friends came over. I will post some pics of the little ones inside while the bigger ones played outside. Can't wait to do this again. We are headed to the beach for a July 4th celebration and are looking forward to it. We always have a great time. Will post some pics when we return.

1 comment:

Micah said...

sounds like my kids. Tucker is a "junk" eater and Mattox wants anything and everything! We had to do away with snacks and cute back on so many juice boxes. It has helped a little.