Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy 1st birthday Sweet Anna

Seems like a lot of happy birthday posts lately doesn't it? Well with two August birthdays 5 days apart, that is what we do in August. I have had a lot of fun planning and doing, but am really glad that we have another year before doing it again. Happy 1st Birthday Anna! Today was all your day and you had a blast. Your ice cream party was so much fun. You especially loved your cake. You ate and ate and ate and loved every bite. You got icing all in your hair and we had to give you a bath because you were a mess. Anna, I honestly can not believe that you are 1. How did this day get here so fast. This day a year ago, we were at baptist hospital loving on you and your little 6 pound 15 ounce self. You personality is still in the works but what I can see, at one, it is going to be so much fun. You love your sister and you love Jack. You do not like loud noises and you really don't like to be put down. You like to be held most of the time and you really like for me to be in the room at all times. You have not mastered playing on your own yet but I guess that will come with time. At walmart or the grocery store you do not want to ride in the cart but you want me to hold you and push the cart. Even though this is kind of hard, I do love that you want your Mama. You laugh a lot and are really close to learning to walk. I think about a week or two and you will be all over the house. You will eat anything and you understand everything I say. When I say "Do you want a bottle?", you start to fuss and point toward the kitchen. When I say "Are you ready for bed, you start to fuss and I know that this means yes. You love to play on my bed and "roughhouse" as Sallie calls it. Your sister refers to you as Anna Banana and even told your sister that this is her name. I am sure that you will not like this name later on in life but for now it is kind of cute. You are a true joy Anna. Your first year of life has been filled with little sleep, laughter, learning, juggling, and lots of smiles. I can not wait to see your little personality continue to develop. Youaare a true blessing to me and your Daddy as well as your sister and I am so honored and lucky to be your Mama!! Happy Birthday baby girl......

No comments: