Sunday, August 9, 2009

Look at me, I am 3



Well, Sallie is officially three. It is late on her birthday night and I was just thinking back to that day three years ago when Sallie was born. It was about 5:20 pm and our lives changed (for the better) and Sallie Celess Warren was born. I can not believe that she is three tomorrow. I know that we always say this every year for whatever age she turns however 3 just sounds so grown and not my baby anymore. Sallie, you can do so much at three that I am seriously in awe everyday. Your vocabulary has blossomed and continues to blossom daily. You are saying things that I really have no idea where they came from. You were watching Anna eat yesterday and said "slow down tiger". Not sure where this came from but you make me laugh outloud daily. You threw Jack some bread on the floor last night and said "there it is ding dong". I know that this is not nice but I could not control my laughter. I am sure that you heard someone say this (may have been me, sorry Jack). You are a sponge. You have really gotten into facial expressions lately and ask me a lot "Mama, why do you have those lines on your face". You are referring to a look on my face where my forehead and in between my eyebrows are squinched up. I may be thinking or worried ect... however half the time not even realizing that I am making this face. You are really into telling me about things that you did "last week" or last year". You love to say "when I was a baby....I.....". You also love to talk about "when I am a mommy, I can drink diet coke, or chew gum, or ect". You love your sister and when I am not right there, I catch you being sweet to her and giving her all kinds of love. When I am around and giving her attention, you like to do otherwise. You can go potty by yourself, dress yourself put on your shoes, brush your teeth, and you are such a good helper with Jack. You love to let him outside in the mornings and feed him in the afternoon. You love your Daddy and love to help him work on special projects. You love your friends, school, and your grandparents. You love to come in our room in the mornings and climb in bed for a little snuggle time (which I love). You always offer up kisses just because. You are a passy lover and you love your tv time. You are the most brave and mischievous child I have ever known. The mischievous side gets you in trouble. I have to remove myself many times to laugh at the things that you get into. You think of everything and nothing gets past you. I always find my stool in the most odd places where you have seen something that you need a little height to get to. You are the happiest, cutest, sweetest little girl and we are so proud of you. Happy 3rd Birthday Sallie. I am the luckiest Mama ever and can not imagine my life without you.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

aw, i just got cold chills reading this post! so sweet :) happy 3rd birthday, Sallie!

Anonymous said...

love you soo much sallie! happy birthday sweetpea!

Whitney said...

Happy birthday Sallie! You'll still always be a sweet little baby girl no matter how many "years" you are!