Saturday, October 3, 2009

Here you go Nemo

Sallie finally gave up her passy last weekend. We went down to Charleston for the night so Ward could go shrimping with some friends. While we were there, Sallie was attached to her passy all day. It was like she could not let it go since we were around the house for most of the day. I kept taking it from her and telling her that if she wanted her passy she would have to go to bed. She would say ok, and go lay in bed. That was not the response I was looking for. Anyway, Sunday morning I told her that Nemo was swimming in the water and really wanted a passy just like hers. She went out to the dock with Ward and threw her passy overboard. She has talked about it 2 times since and tried to use Anna's one time and that was the end of that. If I had known it would be so easy we would have tried that a month ago. Anyway, my goal was to be rid of it by 3 and we were close enough. She got a really cool Ariel doll that goes in the bath tub for giving up her passy. She has really liked her Ariel and telling her story of giving her passy to Nemo. Way to go Sallie!!

We just had our kitchen gutted and re done. Our house has been a mess and this has driven me crazy this past week. I will be so glad to be done with this and the job be completed by Monday. It looks great so far and can not wait to see the finished project.

Both girls have had a pretty yucky cold this past week. Anna especially has been coughing a lot. I almost took her to the doctor Friday but they said to wait it out due to all the children that are much more sick with the flu. We are going to get our flu shots Tuesday so hopefully we can avoid it and then we will see when we can go back and get the swine flu shot. We have a very busy October with Birthday parties, trips planned, and work. I can not believe that Christmas is right around the corner. I look forward to the upcoming weeks of fun and pray that we stay healthy.

Fall is here and we are enjoying it. We have been able to open windows and doors at night and that has been great. All the pumpkin flavors are out and I have already tested out the pumpkin ice cream at Baskin Robbins and the pumpkin coffee drinks at Starbucks. I am a sucker for pumpkin.

I walked in the First ladies walk for breast cancer today. It was a great walk and there were so many walkers. This was my third time walking this walk and I really enjoyed it.

My nephew Sam turned 6 yesterday and we went to his Scooby Doo birthday party last night. I did not get a single picture but I will post some when my Sis sends them to me. I can not believe that Sam is 6. Seems like just yesterday I was carrying him around Columbia babysitting thinking how cool it was to have a nephew (it still is cool to have a nephew). He loved him some Aunt JuJu! Happy Birthday Sam. I love you so much and can not believe what a big boy you are.

1 comment:

amjackson said...

Way to go, Sallie! I'll have to remember that for Owen. He loves that paci!!