Saturday, October 10, 2009

Who gets the red plate today?


Well, we tried to start the red plate tradition in our house about two weeks ago and it just has not happened. With all the work on our kitchen we have had to eat out so much but Sallie was supposed to eat off the red plate for giving up her passy. Sallie finally got to eat off the red plate yesterday for lunch for giving up her passy and for getting a really good report from her teacher. We had parent teacher conferences on Thursday and her teacher said really good things. Sallie really enjoyed eating off her red plate. Ward gets to eat off it on Monday night for getting new business Friday. I wonder when I will get to eat off that plate? I guess Anna will get to eat off of it when she decides to walk. We may be waiting a while for Anna's turn.

I had a conference with Sallie's teacher Thursday. After missing my original appointment on Tuesday which I felt awful for, it was so refreshing hearing from the teacher that Sallie is on target with everything. Her teacher, Mrs Vickie, said that a day without Sallie in the classroom is very dull and she really misses Sallie when Sallie is not there. She said that Sallie is a joy to have. She also said that Sallie is very head strong and independent (wonder where she gets that from?) Sallie loves to be the line leader and especially the door holder. Sallie can recite two bible verses now which is wonderful. she is keeping me on my toes when it comes to this as well. She said that Sallie's biggest obstacle is sitting still in circle time and they are trying to work on following directions. These are the same things that we are working on at home as well. So far she is having a great year!

I forgot to post pictures when we went to see Sesame Street live a couple of weeks ago. We had a great time however it was a little lenghty. Sallie ended up falling asleep toward the end. I think that she was more excited about the little treats that I packed in her pocketbook rather than the show. Oh well, we had fun anyway and it was nice one on one time with Sallie. Anna stayed at home with Ward.










We are going to the mountains next weekend to go to our first Willy Worm festival. Not sure what this is exactly but my sister has been and says that it is so much fun. Will blog about this when I return. They have real wolly worm races. Sallie is going to love this. I can not wait!! We used to take mountain trips annually with my family growing up and I always looked forward to it. We would go to this place called the candy barrel and it was a store with barrels and barrels of candy. We got to each get our very own bag. I love that place and plan on taking Sallie and myself there the first day. It is still there and I am excited :) I took the kids to the Governors Mansion on Thursday to get some pictures. I did not get many good ones but got a couple of framers. It is really hard to get both to look at the same time.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way to go sallie!! such a big girl giving up that passy! maybe soon someone here will be eating off of the special plate...