Thursday, May 28, 2009

Beach 2009





























We are still at the beach however thought that I have a lot more time here, than I do at home, to blog. We came to the beach Saturday and will be here until Saturday. We are having lots of fun and the weather has been beautiful. Our trip started out kind of rocky however as of Monday we have been busy enjoying the beach and the boat. Anna got a fever bug Fri and it did not go away until Mon. We had to go to doctors care two times as the fever got kind of high and was not going away. We did a lot of Tylenol, Motrin, and Popsicles. Thank goodness my parents were here until Monday to help out with Sallie. Sallie is still a little fish and has no inhibitions about the water. Thank goodness we will start swimming lessons on Mon as she is making me a nervous wreck. She will go straight into the waves without looking back. Anna on the other hand is not crazy about anything on the beach but the sand. She has been eating sand by the handfuls. She has also been depositing the sand by the diaper fulls. We went to Broadway at the beach and played putt putt which Sallie loved. We then went to build a bear and built a beach lamb. It is pretty cute. Sallie loved making it but now could careless about it. It was a really fun experience for anyone that has never done it. I never really knew what it was but have wanted to go. We have been out for dinner a lot and Sallie told me last night that she loves going to restaurants. Everytime we leave to go somewhere and then head back home she asks if we are going to the beach house or Columbia. I think that she is going to be sad when we really head back for Columbia. We have been taking lots of "cart rides" as well and found a path where we can take cart rides to the ice cream store. We went in a really big candy store today at the hammock shops and got to pick candy out of barrels. Not sure who really enjoyed this more....me or Sallie? I snuck some of her candy. It has been a wonderful week and we have really enjoyed it. Ward took Sallie fishing and she got to reel in a little fish all by herself as she would tell you. She then let it go back to his mommy. We have gotten lots of pictures as this is really Anna's first time on the beach. She looks pretty darn cute in her swimsuit, I must say......I was looking back as pictures from our beach trip over the last couple of Memorial days as this is usally when we take our week vacation. Amazing at how much Sallie and Anna look alike at this stage. I did not notice how much until I looked at these pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am sure that trip to the candy store was your idea! the pictures are great! next time the mitchells are going! can't wait for the beach! seeing all of this makes me want to go now!!

amjackson said...

I was looking at some of Betsy's old pics and there were several of Sallie as a baby and I told her how much I thought she and Anna looked alike!! I love it!!