Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Ok so this post is a little late but we celebrated Ward's birthday July 19th in Charleston. Happy Birthday Ward!!! Just the two of us and no kids. It was really nice to get away and be kidfree for the entire weekend. We went out to eat, shopped a lot and went out on the boat. My parents kept the girls at our house and they had a great time. It was nice to get away but I missed them and was glad to get back home on Sunday. Of course by Sunday night I was ready to go again. Just kidding!! Right before we got home, Sallie fell over a pair of shoes and into a plastic toy that we have and she busted her lip. We ended up taking her to the ER to make sure that she did not need stitches. After about 2 hours and who knows how much money, they let us come home stitch free. I was very relived that she did not need stitches and surprised at how quickly her lip has healed. I must brag on her though because she was so brave the entire time. I could not believe it. While driving to the ER she said that she was going to let the Dr stitch up her lip. She let the doctor look at her lip, take her temp, and weigh her with no problems at all. She was talking the entire time and did not even come close to tears. I was so proud of her. She really has NO FEAR. I think that I was more afraid than she was. Anyway, after many surprises for being so brave, we came home and all is well. I tried to get a close up of her lip but did not get a really good one. I will post it along with a picture of Ward blowing out his candles on his homemade ice cream cookie sandwich. Mind you, this picture was taken after the emergency room Sunday night so we were all a little tired and Anna is not in the picture because I had already put her to bed.

No comments: