Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Someones trash, another persons treasure




We went on a walk yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I saw a Barbie jeep upside down in some trash pile on the side of someones house. We had both kids..one walking and one being pushed in a little toy car. Another words, no free hands. Anyway, we managed to each pick up one side of the jeep and haul it to our house. We washed it and looked inside and the person that put it on the trash pile left the battery in it with the battery charger. Amazing. I was so excited to see if it really worked. We charged it over night and this morning tested it out. It works like a charm. Sallie was so excited about it that the first thing that she said this morning was "where is my jeep?". Anyway, it goes a little faster than I would like for it to go and we need to get a seatbelt for Anna's side but other than that, it is as good as new. Sallie has a really hard time steering it right now but she will get that with time. I am really excited about my find. We had been talking about getting the girls one together for Christmas. I just saved myself about $250!! Thanks to whoever thought it was trash.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

wow! that's awesome!!!! congratulations on your find :)

amjackson said...

Lucky Duck!! I'd let Price drive a Barbie Jeep if I found it on the side of the road!! hee hee!!