Sunday, October 12, 2008

The weekends













The weekends mean lounging around on Saturday mornings and not having to rush with breakfast and getting dressed. The weekends mean that Ward is around to help and not rushed off to work. The weekends mean reading the paper and drinking coffee slowly and not gulping it down. The weekends mean a good shower without interruptions and being able to put on makeup and look in the mirror. The weekends mean morning stroller rides and help at the grocery store on Sundays. The weekends mean a little time out to Starbucks or Target while Ward watches the girls. I love the weekends. This weekend Ward was out of town and Wow....talk about taking a step back and really appreciating all that Ward does that may sometimes go unnoticed in our busy lives. It was almost like Sallie knew that I was by myself this weekend. She tested every ounce of patience that I have. We went to lunch yesterday with my Uncle and Grandmother. Sallie was pretty good at lunch but just getting out of the house to lunch was a disaster. If I said white, she wanted black. Thank goodness she went down for a long nap after lunch. Anna slept really well Friday night but not so well Saturday night. Sunday the three of us went to church. I was so ready to get Sallie strapped in a car seat this morning that we were actually 15 minutes early to church and that was a first. I then decided to stop by the grocery store with both kids on the way home. Bad idea..... first of all where do you put groceries with two children in the cart when you have to get one of the car buggies from publix. This is the only buggy that we can get now when we go to the grocery store. They are so hard to steer and get around in publix but it is a fight everytime so I always try and find a car buggy. Then Sallie decided to run off from me in the parking lot of publix and when I called her, she looked at me, laughed, and ran even further. Needless to say, we came home, had a cracker for lunch, and Sallie went to bed. Ward is now home and it feels soooo good. I know that these two year old tantrums can be so trying but I will blink my eyes and Sallie will be all grown up. I am so thankful for these trying times. Bless her two year old heart.... I prayed for patience at church this morning!!!