Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You know it is October when............







Pumpkin spiced items become available (especially at Starbucks, yum!!), football is in full effect, Fall festivals begin, pumpkins on porches, mums everywhere, and the South Carolina State Fair comes to Columbia, SC. As always, we went to Fair this year. We left Anna at home with Peppy and Ward and I took Sallie. Unfortunately we went on a day that was pay one price ride night and also a holiday from school for most school districts therefore it was so crowded you could hardly walk. Sallie could only ride three of the rides due to her height but wanted to ride every ride there. She was a little "difficult" to manage this year at the fair due to this and just due to her age in general however she loved the rides that she could ride and really enjoyed her ice cream cone. Ward got his fair food fix for the year and I just watched it all. I have become such a germ free crazy person that it was hard to enjoy some of the animal petting part this year. I will remember to pack my sanitizer for next year. Anna had her two month well visit today. She weights 10 pounds 8 ounces. She is in the 50th percentile for everyting. She is bigger than Sallie was at this age. I have been concerned over the last couple of weeks that Anna never feels comfortable. I know that she has reflux and bad gas pains however it just seems like she grunts in pain all the time and does not smile much. I had a lot of questions for the doctor this morning and even took in a stool sample. nice!!! The doctor loved that one. I noticed that her stools were getting more greenish in color and smelly. Sorry for the gross description. Anyway, they looked at it under the microscope and saw some blood in it. They believe that she has a milk allergy and that is why she is always uncomfortable. They are sending the stool sample off to make sure that it is not a bacterial infection however the doctor says that she is pretty confident that it is a milk allergy. I am soooo glad that I thought to take that diaper in. Before examining the diaper the doctor thought that it was just Anna's reflux. Now we can adjust my diet with no diary and see if this helps her. This is going to be so hard for me as I do love my cheese and especially my peanut butter cup ice cream every night, but I will do anything to ease Anna's pain. We will go back and re examine her stool in a week and see if this worked. She got 4 shots today and that was rough but we are all healthy and that is a true blessing. Please keep us in your prayers for a improved little stomach and for me being able to resist ice cream.

No comments: